If you're looking for a way to help support Assemblies that have sustained damage in the path of Hurricane Harvey, Feel free to text "DISASTER" to our 2COR9 Number 650-516-4501 where it will lead you through giving via your phone.
Also you can visit our hub HERE, follow the instructions then click on "assembly disaster relief" in the drop down menu in order to give online.
Some have asked about other ways to give. You're welcome to send to:
Assembly Care Ministries, Inc
PO Box 12082
Augusta, GA 30914
Brothers and Sisters,
Here is a report we've received from Houston, TX. If you have more information about prayer requests and needs of the assemblies in the areas please forward to info@Assemblycare.org and we will post them here and to facebook. Let us know if you have any questions.
Here are some preliminary reports from believers who meet in the Greater Houston area. We are still reaching out to others, but hopefully this will help in addition to any other information people have submitted. I am not sure if there are other assemblies in places like Rockport and Corpus Christi and other areas and maybe there is some way to find out as those areas have been devastated.
Manvel Bible Chapel
- Praise that the building has suffered no damage and hopefully regular meetings will resume this weekend.
- 2 or 3 homes were flooded. All families are safe.
Pineview Bible Chapel
- The building has had some damage.
- One family was evacuated and and have not yet been able to return to their home.
Colonial Hills Bible Chapel
- Some updates still coming in although at least one family have had flood water in their home.
- We have not heard about the chapel building as yet.
First Colony Bible Chapel
- Several families have had their homes flooded.
Houston Brethren Assembly
- Their parking lot is still severely flooded so the full extent of the flooding situation cannot be determined yet.
- They are asking for wisdom on how to proceed with repairs.
- Some have been displaced from their home and have not been able to return as yet.
India Believers Assembly
- Still waiting on a report from the believers
Ebenezer Brethren Assembly
- They are worried that the building has sustained some damage but are yet to confirm this.
Sugarland Brethren Assembly
- They have not reported any damage to buildings or homes so far.
South Houston Bible Chapel
- By the grace of God their building didn't suffer any damage and “praising the Lord because in the middle of the storm his presence has been felt like never before".
- Ten families suffered damage and flooding to their houses from a few inches to up to 3 ft.
- The assembly is looking for wisdom in practical help to both believers and unbelievers in need - donating clothes, children's formula and diapers and for opportunities to share the gospel.
- For ways to finance the repairs since all members didn’t have flood insurance.
Emmanuel Brethren Assembly
- "By the abounding grace of our Lord, most of the families in our church are safe and sound."
- Three families are affected with serious water damage in their houses.
- Their building has flooded and has some water damage, but it's not considered ‘serious’ in relative terms.
Again, If you have more information about prayer requests and needs of the assemblies in the areas please forward to info@Assemblycare.org and we will post them here and to facebook. Let us know if you have any questions.