GOGF MINISTRIES in the ISLAND of JAMAICA.
The GRAND OLD GOSPEL HOUR Broadcast:
Is. 55:11."...My Word shall not return to me void...".
- This is a half hour broadcast every Sunday evening across Jamaica, launched on May 1st 2016.
- Station: Gospel JA FM, 91.7 & 91.9 FM. Also visit www.gospelja.com/live-radio/
- Time: 6.30 pm - 7.00 pm on Sundays (E.S.T.)
- Speaker: Dr. Tony Hart.
- Website: www.GogfMinistries.org
- Donations: (see below).
- Contacts: (see below).
The HART CHILDREN'S HOME:
Prov. 19:17. "...Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and God will repay him."
STATISTICS of Jamaica's needy children: Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN) states that: Within the last 10 years, up to 23% of households in Jamaica which have children under 18 y.o. live in poverty. UNICEF defines Poverty: Children who live in poverty, experience deprivation of material, physical, spiritual, and emotional resources, which they need to thrive, leaving them unable to achieve their full potential as equal members. EFFECTS of Poverty: Lack, suffering, under-development, insecurity, powerlessness, oppression, social exclusion, and more...!
ABOUT the Hart Children's Home:
- Began serving Children in need from the 1970s.
- Operations are based at: Highgate Gospel Chapel, St. Mary, Jamaica.
- Services which are based on availability of funds include:
- Foster Care: (ceased for now).
- Subsidy programme: issued to needy parents (currently operating on basis of both needs & availability
PURPOSES of the Subsidy Programme:
Funds for the Subsidy are provided for parent(s) to supplement low or fluctuating income, and enabling each child to:
- School lunches
- School transportation costs
- School project costs
- Possible health needs
QUALIFICATIONS for Recipients of the Subsidy:
- Child attends Sunday School.
- Child is under 18 years old.
- Parent makes request for help.
- Child's Sunday School teacher makes recommendation for subsidy to be given, based on:
- Observation of poverty &/or
- Inquiry and questioning of child and parent(s), &/or
- Collaboration with academic school teacher(s) to determine extent of child's need at school.
It is hoped that in future, funds will again be available for the Foster Care services.
It is hoped that more funding will also be available in the future for Subsidy programme:
- Better help to families currently still in need.
- Being able to help more families in need who get no help at all now.
- Reaching out to families across the island, as only children in one parish are afforded any help now.
- To reach more families with children so as to be a testimony letting them know that God cares while His people.
- Encourage these families while they stabilize themselves.
All donations are welcome even one time, but preferably on a monthly basis.
(a) Gifts by Mail:
With CHECKS in in USA & Canada:
Payee: "GOGF Ministries"
Memo: "For GOGF JAMAICA"
Mailing address: 160 E. Main Street, Lansdale PA 19446 .
(b) Gifts Online:
Goto "Online Donations"
Comments (Memo): "For GOGF JAMAICA".
(c) Gifts by Phone:
Call GOGF Office for questions or options: 1 (215) 361-8111
PHONE: GOGF Ministries: (215) 361-8111