Just a reminder to all who have yet to register for the January 2016 Midwest Men’s Bible Study.
The location for the study has changed. It will be held at the Bible Chapel of Shawnee located at 12230 W 75th Street, Shawnee, Kansas 66216.
The dates for the Bible Study will be Thursday, January 21, 2016 through Friday, January 22, 2016. The study will begin with a time of prayer on Thursday evening at 6:30 pm but you may arrive anytime after 5:30 pm. There will be no meal served on Thursday evening.
Saturday, January 23, 2016 following the Study will be a day of prayer and fasting as was held the last time we got together. The details for that time are outlined in an accompanying letter.
We will be continuing our study covering Romans 8. There will also be three studies lead by other brethren—Gospel Zeal, Consecration, and The Importance of Holiness. There will be time for discussion after each of these studies.
Pete Youngberg has joined the committee and will be overseeing the housing arrangements and other logistics. As usual there are a couple of options for sleeping arrangements on Thursday and Friday nights:
1) Some of the saints in the area have offered their homes for brethren to spend the night. This will be on a first come-first serve basis.
2) We have found that those who choose to stay in motels prefer to choose their own and so we will allow those who prefer this option to make their own arrangements.
3) For those living in the area, you will still be able to commute. (For those living near Kansas City, if you would be able to allow one or more brethren to stay at your home please let us know as soon as possible.)
Even though there are no registration fees we still need everyone to register in advance so that we can to set up the proper number of tables and chairs and know how much food to purchase for meals and snacks that we will be preparing. Please register as soon as possible and avoid waiting until the last minute.
We need to know how many are coming even if it is just for a couple of sessions in order to have sufficient food for meals and snacks and so that the brethren can set up enough seats ahead of time to accommodate everyone. It takes valuable time away from our study time if we have to stop to set up additional tables and chairs.
Everyone will need to register in advance before midnight on Monday, JANUARY 18, 2016—even if you are planning to only attend part of the study. Please register as soon as possible to aid us in housing, food planning, and set up.
Mark Hartley will be leaving for Peru in a couple of days and so from this point forward you will need to register via email phone with Pete Youngberg at:
For registration we will need the following information:
1) Your name, phone number, and email address.
2) You will need to note which type of accommodations you prefer. Let us know if you would like for us to arrange a home for you to stay, getting you own motel room, or commuting.
3) If you are registering for several brothers, please include all the above information for each one.
Even if you have spoken with one of the other committee members and let them know that you are attending, please email Pete as well since he will be putting together the list of all attendees. If you do not receive a response within 48 hours, please contact Pete.
If you have any questions please call one of the brethren on the committee. If you know of others who might benefit from this study, please forward this message to them.
We look forward to an encouraging and challenging time together in God’s Word that will exalt the Name and Person of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in our midst.
On behalf the Midwest Men’s Bible Study Committee,
Under the oversight of the elders of the Bible Chapel of Shawnee,
Mark W. Hartley
Mike Attwood email@example.com
Scott Degroff firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Hartley email@example.com
Steve Price firstname.lastname@example.org
Glendon Thompson email@example.com
Pete Youngberg firstname.lastname@example.org